Mathematics Information Resource Centre: Policies
Mathematics Information Resource Centre (MIRC) circulation policies are designed to ensure prompt and equitable access to our materials by all users. (Specific policies may vary somewhat between central and other departmental libraries.) Specific information about lending privileges for various groups (i.e. faculty, student, visitor, etc.) can be found here.
- The MIRC's resources can be issued to users affiliated to a department of IISc only. Non-affiliated users of IISc facilities cannot borrow books from this Centre.
- You are requested to have your Library/Institutional ID in your possession to check out any MIRC materials.
- Any item borrowed from the MIRC is subject to recall at any time, including during break periods and the summer months. We strongly urge you to return books to the MIRC if you plan to be away from campus, particularly over breaks.
- You are personally responsible for the prompt and safe return of all MIRC material checked out to you. Do not loan your books to others or leave them in an area where they may be stolen or damaged. To keep track of book due dates and to renew books, check your account online, or contact the MIRC.
- It is your responsibility to notify the MIRC immediately if MIRC material is lost, stolen, or damaged.
- All borrowed books must be returned, regardless of due date, if the borrower leaves the department.
|Member(s)||No. of Books||Loan Period|
|Faculty & Post-Doctoral Fellows||15||3 Months|
Any person may visit the Mathematics Information Resource Centre and access materials within the centre. Visitors, cannot borrow from this centre.
Materials in the reference collection (i.e. encyclopedias & dictionaries) cannot be circulated.
All issued items are renewable beyond the standard loan period unless recalled. Recalled items must be returned within 2 days of the date of recall.